Laman

Kamis, 29 Desember 2016

My Annoying Brother: My Rants about Kyungsoo's Acting

First of all, I have told you so many times before that I love Kyungsoo from EXO so much, and the second one, I have told you so many times that he is enrolling in a movie called Hyung or you can just call it as My Annoying Brother. This movie is aired in cinemas, especially CGV, since November 23rd 2016 if I'm not mistaken. 

They had done so many movie premiere greetings all around cinemas in Seoul, it hits more than 1 million views within 4 days from its release, and until December 2016, they successfully gain more than 3 million admissions. Such an amazing achievement!




Movie: My Annoying Brother (English title) / Brother (literal title) 
Revised romanization: Hyeong 
Hangul: 형 
Director: Kwon Soo-Kyung 
Writer: Yoo Young-A
Cast: Cho Jung-seok, Doh Kyung-soo, Park Shin-hye 
Producer: Cinematographer
Release Date: November 24, 2016 
Runtime: 110 min. 
Genre: Family / Drama / Comedy / Brothers / Blindness 
Distributor: CJ Entertainment 
Language: Korean 
Country: South Korea
(Source: asianwiki)



You know, as a Kyungsoo stan, a certified Kyungsoo trash, I really am excited for this movie because Cho Jungsuk, the other main lead is my favourite actor ever. He has been enrolling in some dramas like Oh My Ghost and Jealousy Incarnate and I can conclude that those two dramas are my favourite dramas. Cho Jungsuk is known as an actor who can do well in the comedy-romance department, he is so fucking good you don't have idea.

When I heard that Kyungsoo will be the main lead actor in this movie together with Cho Jungsuk, my knuckles turned white, I had laboured breathing, I was balding, okay joke, but damn I was anticipating this movie since last year!

As you can read the plot I attached above, Kyungsoo will act as a national judo athlete who turns blind because an injury he's experiencing during a match. A blind Kyungsoo, it must be so tough for him! And he has to practice a lot to learn about judo, that's why he grows some muscles and he is becoming much more bulkier and bigger. When he is flexing his biceps I think I just died.

Okay, yeah, inspite of being released on November 23rd, My Annoying Brother is aired on December 21st 2016 in Indonesia. And only in CGV Blitz. And there is no CGV Blitz in my city. And I was crying because of that. And I lost my shit. 

I have three options regarding this matter:
1) I have to go to another city (Jogjakarta), 3 hours away from mine, and watch it in CGV Blitz there.
2) I have to wait until January because I'm planning to go to Jakarta after New Year, and I can watch the movie in CGV Blitz there!
3) I can just die waiting for someone out there to subs it and upload the movie to the internet, even though it's illegal.

After so much time meditating, I decided to do option number #1, because my younger sister has to go back to her dorm in Jogja to take some clothes and I have to accompany her. It's also because one of my friends said that Korean movies usually air for just 2-5 days in CGV Blitz, so yeah I can't wait until January. This thirst is real.

My sister and I went to the cinema at 6:30 PM and we arrived at around 7:00 PM. The last movie is aired at 7:10 PM and I was so scared if I didn't get the tickets. When my sister and I were queueing to get the tickets, my sister said, "Wow, it must be already sold out," and I was almost crying because fuck I can't imagine it, because if the tickets are all sold out, all efforts I've done are useless. I have to leave the city the day after in the morning so I can't go back to the cinema the next day and that night is my only chance.

But, good God, I got the tickets and I got comfortable seat! 


I will not give spoiler and tell you the whole story in detail either. Nope, you have to watch it by yourself. 

Cho Jungsuk is doing well with his role, and Kyungsoo is improving so much in acting department. He has tan skin when he's filming that movie and it makes him look so so so so hot. I have to grip my sister's clothes tight and I couldn't stop whispering to her how gorgeous Kyungsoo is. I am always so fond of Kyungsoo's acting skill. His voice is so deep and it gives you this chilly feeling. Like, I can spend my whole life listening to Kyungsoo's voice only! It's deep like that!

I can't help but tearing up because Cho Jungsuk and Kyungsoo can show us such a beautiful chemistry as brothers. Both of them look like each other and they look so similar. Cho Jungsuk is back at it again with his comedy acting skill and I can't help but keep laughing the whole time. Kyungsoo is being such a little brat to Cho Jungsuk there in the movie and they both look so cute.

The fact that this movie got more than 3 million admissions caught me off guard because Kyungsoo must be happy hearing this news. I remember he said to the magazine interviews that he really wants to retake his roles in every project he had all over again because he felt like he wasn't doing them well. He isn't satisfied with his acting. As we know, his previous movies Cart and Pure Love don't really do well in sales and I think that makes Kyungsoo insecure. I wanna cry so bad.

I will fight everyone who says that it's easy for an idol to act in a movie or drama. Kyungsoo starts from zero, and I'm sure he has learned a lot of things. He is trying to improve himself because acting is becoming one of his muses.

Remember when Jo Insung said, "Kyungsoo and I have a lot of scenes in the film, some people might suspect that he got many scenes because of EXO's fame, but Kyungsoo gives me a special (good) feeling, I was glad the director and producers found such a good actor like him. I would always feel very surprised when I film together with him."

Kyungsoo got hate comments A LOT, when he started his acting career. The hateful comments go along with can he just sing and don't act, he is there because he is EXO member, he is famour because he is from EXO, he is not good looking why he acts in a drama, he will leave EXO for acting, and etc. I'm disappointed, really, because idols are not restricted to singing, dancing, and rapping only. They will not forever be idols, they have to find for another muse to be able to live. Idol is literally a term for someone whom you idolize or look up to. For the most part, they sing, yeah. But are idols not allowed to act? Acting after all is just another platform of entertainment.  Stop putting it on such a high pedestal. That's like banning good dancers or visuals from entering idol groups. And that's also like telling those actors and actresses to stop singing and releasing songs. Idols have the rights to enrich their field of expertise, and we shouldn't judge them for what they do. About him leaving EXO, I told you, Kyungsoo had said it so many times that he will choose EXO no matter what. He loves to sing, he loves his fans. He said sorry so many times that he sometimes can't do some activities as EXO member because of his acting schedules. Remember when he went back and forth from Goheung to Seoul so many times to film Pure Love but he still can keep up with EXO activities and concerts? He is dedicated like that. If you fight me by saying of course he will do that it's his job afterall, he can just tell the manager that he can't possibly do the EXO activities because his hectic acting schedule, but yeah he still comes and he doesn't show his fatigue to us fans, and keeps smiling throughout the entire performance. He loves his job.

Kyungsoo breaks that sentiment about idols can't act well in drama or movie. I remember some producers complimenting Kyungsoo's acting in his movie and said that they had not even known Kyungsoo is originally an idol at first, they thought Kyungsoo is a rookie actor. In my opinion, that's such a huge praise coming from them. Some said Kyungsoo's eyes are so clear and so expressive, that's one of his advantages. 

Yun Jeong-ah, who acts as Kyungsoo's mom in movie called Cart, has even said that, "Kyungsoo is someone that deserve all the praises. He is good in acting and is also kind. He has all the qualification of being an actor and I can't find any bad points about him. I have personally seen him dancing and his expression acting is good. He has so many talents." I am so shookt.

I have mentioned this a lot already but yes I'm gonna bring this again. Kyungsoo's movie, Pure Love, only reached 300.000 admissions and it didn't fill the expectation. There were so many people saying that the movie is boring and has a really usual romance plot. The movie is coming from low budget company and I can't complain. Pure Love also had to compete againts Zootopia and Deadpool, also some Korean movies. In my opinion, this movie is good though, not to be biased, or maybe I'm just weak for sad story, I don't know, but Kyungsoo can expresses his love for Soohyun so much and it's really cute. It's a light movie that makes your heart warm, because the main character tries hard to make the main girl character happy. But I agree that the ending is so ugly, and it leaves you hanging, but once again, you win some, you lose some. There are ups and downs. Kyungsoo had gained good praises because of his previous projects like It's Okay It's Love, I Remember You, and Cart. And I hope by now, Kyungsoo can be more confident and be a better person (not that he is not a good person or anything, man he is perfect). Even the most successful actors around the world have had projects that didn't do as well as people hoped. Kyungsoo has proven everyone that he has potential. People say that it's disappointing for Pure Love to flop like that but I just want to say that not every movies with good actors/actresses can be ensured to make it huge in Box Office. Because Kyungsoo is from EXO, people set high expectation about the movie. But please, it's not because his acting, it's because the movie has usual plot and not so many Koreans like to watch this kind of genre in cinema. Man and A Woman by Gong Yoo and Jeon Do Yeon did worse than Pure Love, a movie in its same slot with the same melodrama genre. Another Pure Love's competitor, Like for Likes, is doing average too for a movie with Yoo Ah In and CJ as its distributor. So yeah, it's not because of his acting. But damn, Kyungsoo feels insecure about this one.




When he was doing Be Positive webdrama premiere, one of the journalists asked Kyungsoo whether his webdrama can surpass 30 million views and Kyungsoo was like, how to say, feeling sad again, and you can see his expression that he feels doubt and insecure, he doesn't want to make a promise like what he did in Pure Love movie premiere. Kyungsoo then answered that he won't promise anything and he isn't sure whether Be Positive can surpass his former EXO member, Minseok's webdrama, Falling for Challenge. I was so sad at that time because Kyungsoo seems so doubtful of himself. When I heard that Be Positive ranks #1 in Naver Cast Webdrama and successfully surpassing almost 50 million views, I'm so so so happy because Kyungsoo doesn't have to be worried anymore because many people watch his webdrama. I'm so proud of him.

And then with his newest movie My Annoying Brother, which had been surpassing 3 million admissions, I feel so happy for him. He can do well in this movie and the admissions also do well. He also improves his acting skill a lot and he got so many praises from many producers and actors, actresses, and netizens. He will be enrolling in a movie named With God and Room Number #7 that will be aired in 2017. He also dubbed as a dog named Moongchi in an animation movie called Underdog. I hope he will also do well in those movies and I hope he is happy with everything he has done. I hope those movies do well in Box Office and I hope 2017 will be good to Kyungsoo and also for all of EXO members.

All the best Actor Do!

1 komentar:

  1. thanks a lot for this post and for giving a very mature opinion towards our KyungSoo's acting!

    BalasHapus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...