Laman

Selasa, 13 September 2016

My Thoughts on Kyungsoo's Issue

Today, I dare myself to bring this topic up to my blog because I'm fed up with people telling Do Kyungsoo to leave EXO.

Before I state my opinions here, it's better for me to resume what was going on last night and why Kyungsoo is being the center of pretty much a lot of Kpop forum now.

Warning: colorism (p/s: don't say I didn't warn you.)

So, yesterday, Monday, September 12th 2016, there is a new preview of EXO on the upcoming variety show by MBC, and there's also a clip of Kyungsoo drawing EXO members on a piece of paper.


So this is the start of the issue. I don't know whether Kyungsoo drew all of the members of EXO but it only showed 6 members in the picture above, including Jongin. Jongin is the main dancer of EXO who has tan skin and Kyungsoo drew Jongin with black marker and he also coloured it with black. So many people say that it's not good for Kyungsoo to make skin tone as a joke, and people start to call him colorist. It's an act of colorism and people think it's such an offensive thing to do in variety show.

That's escalating so quick and people from other fandom suddenly join the havoc and make it worse by dropping rude comments on SM Entertainment official Twitter account, along with those ugly sentences such as; "Kick him out from EXO," and "Leave EXO!"

In addition, some of Kyungsoo stans start to say the same things and take a turn againts Kyungsoo. This is so sad, but it's happening.

I'm not going to lie about the fact that I'm becoming so sad it hurts me so much. All I think is about how Kyungsoo will react to people telling him to leave EXO. Honestly, I'm being super duper triple omega alpha beta emotional with the sadness on top right now.

Regarding this issue, this is my opinion. Read it again, opinion. 

But first, lemme state the most important question of the history: On the scale of zero to Kyungsoo, how much do people misunderstand your actions?  

Kyungsoo. Some people might see Kyungsoo's action as an offensive thing to do, but I want to say that Kyungsoo didn't even insult Jongin's skin tone. Heck, it's just a brief preview of the variety, you can not just assume things like that, Kyungsoo didn't even make it as a joke. He just did the task to draw chibis of EXO members in a span of minutes and I honestly say Jongin's tan skin is his most distinctive feature, and I never say it's a bad thing because tan skin is so beautiful. Jongin's tan skin is beautiful. Jongin even told us so many times that he loves his skin tone so much he wants his children to have the same tan skin. He is proud of it.

What else do you have in mind if you are asked to draw Jongin? Every member of EXO, even me as a fan really think it's his distinctive feature other than good at dancing and sometimes having blonde hair. But there's only black marker, how can black marker produces brown colour, guys? He only has one black marker, not some Fabercastell 24 colouring pens or even crayon pack with complete 54 colours. But Jongin is good at dancing though? Why don't Kyungsoo just draw it as Jongin's distinctive feature? How can you expect Kyungsoo to draw a chibi dancing? Kyungsoo is not some Picasso, in addition, he only drew the face, not the whole body. Is there any special facial feature do dancers have? It's difficult to do, fam. Believe me. But he can draw him with blonde hair though because Jongin is popular with that hair style? How can he draw blonde hair if he has ONLY black marker? He can draw Jongin's hair by leave it blank but people will not recognize it as Jongin. Blonde hair is not only for Jongin, Suho once had it, heck, even Tao once had it blonde. My Sehun, also.

I can say the drawing itself made out of pure intent. Kyungsoo will not by any means making joke of Jongin's skin tone and see it as an embarrassment. He won't hurt other members, especially Jongin who had been his roomate and close friend for God knows how long, and the fact that he has always been careful with his words and actions don't add up to him being mean towards Jongin. The whole episode is not out yet, so please stop assuming things.

Don't you even dare to pull a "You are a Kyungsoo stan, it's not surprising for you to defend him," card on me. Even when it's other members who did it, I will still defend them because I honestly don't think drawing tan skin is a bad thing. I will defend them, but maybe I won't let it out. I write this post because I love Kyungsoo. He is my main bias. Do you get it? If other members make that mistake, I will defend but I don't write it. It's Kyungsoo, and I'm fed up of people giving him cold shoulders, that's why I'm writing. Even when Kyungsoo is coming from the least idol group, I will still think he's not at fault.

I saw a comment of a fan on Intagram yesterday, she said that it's not right for people to be angry at Kyungsoo's drawing. She is a fanartist and if she has to represent a dark skin tone, she has to colour it that way. She is disappointed of people who is so hype about this issue. "Are you implying that Jongin's skin shouldn't be that way and so no one must be aware of it? Why do want him to feel ashamed? He is proud about it. It's not something to be angry about, it's his skin. Differences are normal." 




Yes, differences are normal. Tan, fair, it's normal. Why are you angry about Kyungsoo drawing Jongin's tan skin as his distinctive feature? Do you feel that it's Jongin's weakness so that Kyungsoo shouldn't state it? I'm tan and I'm not ashamed of my skin. Racist is not just hating and discriminate, it's also when you are not normalizing the differences. Everyone has their own beauty and you don't need to feel ashamed of it because being tan is beautiful. I told you once again, tan is beautiful. All these differences make us unique in our own way. All these hates directed toward Kyungsoo is weird, he never criticizes Jongin's tan skin, he just stated in his drawing that Jongin is tan skinned. Kyungsoo is pointing it off to make Jongin feels special, his skin feature is special and yet people misunderstand it and disregard Kyungsoo's effort like that. Kyungsoo once said that he likes Jongin's tan skin because it looks healthy and bright. I'm truly disappointed of those people.

Do you forget that Kyungsoo used to be tan too because of his Pure Love filming and he even said himself that he is now the darkest in EXO. Kyungsoo will never use it as a joke. If the whole video comes out, and even when Kyungsoo really was trying to be funny about it then damn it it's not okay it's offensive and you can be angry about that, you can be mad at him and Kyungsoo can repent and learn more, after that; stop. Don't make it worse by dropping rude comments about Kyungsoo in SMTOWN page. People even ask him to kill himself. This is truly unbelievable. 

Everyone made mistake but it's not making them any less human therefore they have to kill themselves, that's really stupid. I also made mistake. I once stole 10 cents from my mom's cupboard and I have to kill myself? Kyungsoo is a grown man, he will understand his mistake (even when it's not his mistake by drawing Jongin's feature) but heck people are very sure he is at fault. Okay then stop, he will learn something from this and please just leave him alone.

I'm so angry when people start to point out Kyungsoo's other flaws after this issue happened. People calling him fat, arrogant, so he has to leave EXO. Kyungsoo went through the ups and downs for more than 4 years and a half, not causing the least bit trouble but now finally Kpop and uglies got dirt on him and they try as hard as possible to get Kyungsoo out of EXO. What a cheap effort, snakes!

"Kyungsoo is known as the least problematic member but now..." I don't get it guys, why do you even point it out like this. It looks like you are happy seeing Kyungsoo not being "the least probematic member" anymore. I don't understand why Kyungsoo's effort makes him be a problematic human. Are you satisfied? Stay pressed.

I feel sorry for Kyungsoo stans that take turn againts him. Don't say you love and support him when you contradict yourself. You love him, but you don't love him enough. These people should have known better that Kyungsoo will be the last person to make fun of Jongin's tan skin.

Kyungsoo doesn't have intention to make it as a joke, for fuck's sake. Just- wait for the whole video. Until that time, stay pressed.

How are you so sure of yourself that Kyungsoo doesn't have bad intention on it? You say the video is not out yet. It means you also assume things, no? Reread my whole post and absorb. I don't know the truth, you also don't know Kyungsoo's thoughts, so why bother telling him to kill himself? Stop dropping ugly comments well in fact you don't know the whole truth yet. I'm calm here, you seem not. Kyungsoo might be praising Jongin's skin when he drew that and he's smiling by himself but we don't know yet. So, please, leave Kyungsoo alone, and wait for the video.

If you do take offense because Kyungsoo reminds you of the internalized coloristic system we live in, then don't. Try to be positive. As I told you before, we live in differences, so try to make it as a strenght rather than weakness. Brush the insecurities away. You might get offended, but then please forgive him. And leave him. Just, forgive him.

For further knowledge...




And yeah, I also want to talk about these ugly confessions on internet after the issue. I might as well kick them out to Bermuda. Okay, I'm starting.


1) I don't know why Kyungsoo is an idol. He'd obviously rather be somewhere else. Oh yes, he'd obviously marry me fam you don't know yet. HA HA. Listen, Here, Fam, he doesn't hate speaking, he is JUST being quite because he is obviously a reserved person. I know I don't know him and all but it's being proven by his actions throughout these past few years. I'm here in the fandom since early 2012, I know how Kyungsoo used to be such a cheerful person but he had changed after the incident where Jongin got hit by someone with bloody hell hugeass camera. It's like, making him be less-open to fans, he is reserved, he tries to protect himself of getting hurt and try as much as possible to not hurting fans. He never says such things like calling us fans his girlfriends or being over lovey dovey because it must be hurting some fans one day. Rather than seeing negative side of Kyungsoo doesn't speak much in variety, how about we see the positive parts, fam? Kyungsoo stays quite to make other members talk. There are 9 members in EXO, it will be so noisy if all of them are trying to speak and there must be one member in every Kpop group who doesn't speak and stay calm because it's their habit. Chanyeol once said that Kyungsoo is not a quite person, you just have to approach him with special way. Remember that Kyungsoo is friends with so many idols and actors? He is such a polite person. Let me remind you that day when Kyungsoo gave Jun.K a bottle of water because he is looking for one.



I'm so happy that I can do what I love- dancing, singing, and acting, all at once. He loves what he is doing, don't be ugly by saying he doesn't like being idol. I know he likes his job acting in movies and k-dramas, but he never missed any of EXO stage. One time he didn't perform with EXO because he injured his ankle. When he had to go to Goheung for 5 hours trip from Seoul to film Pure Love, he still flied to attend SMTOWN the next day with Baekhyun. He is dedicated, he is a grown up man, he knows he is part of EXO therefore he has to do the duty of him being a member of EXO. He loves singing, I can feel his passion for singing, so don't you say he doesn't look like he wants to be in EXO. He doesn't work his ass off for months during trainee days for nothing. He doesn't work his ass off practicing comeback songs and concert with the other members for you to say he doesn't want to be in EXO. Stay pressed fam.


2) One of Kpop idols, Shit Kingz during Kstyle News interview, saying that EXO is so respectful and polite. They were still eating and suddenly Kyungsoo coming bringing them forks. They said, "D.O is the type of person who you can get close to without having to talk much. EXO members are all sociable, but D.O is in particular. He stucks to us like air." Please absorb these words religiously. Disrespectful, my ass! Try to say it once again and I might snap. Remember that time when he suddenly ran towards an old lady who is trying to get on the stage and he held her hand? I saw the video. He always respects people, like he is always bowing 90 degree to everyone.











And if you mean by "they way he treats his member is actually just plain rude" is Kyungsoo always chokes Chanyeol or Kyungsoo slapping Baekhyun, then actually you make nonsense fam. Kyungsoo doesn't have intention to hurt them, they are even acting so-so whenever Kyungsoo does it to them. Some members even think it's cute (Jongdae, Minseok) and laugh along. They are not complaining. So why are you? I have so many friends who tend to do that, pinching, or glaring when I joke around with them, and I find it normal. Rather than thinking it as a rude treatment to the members, why don't you look at it as fanservice in Kyungsoo way, hm? Look at Chanyeol and Kyungsoo, they always joke a lot and kick each other's butt on stage and I find them cute. I don't understand why so many ppl like him, I will explain you why. Read my post here! Kyungsoo definitely loves his members. I give you proofs!














If those pictures don't give indication of Kyungsoo being so caring towards his members and people around him, then I don't know anymore.


3) Okay then if you think going 5 hours away from Seoul to Goheung is not proofing anything. But have you ever seen his affection towards all of the members? Are you that cold for brushing that important fact off? Do you want to say that Kyungsoo helping Jongin when he got injured is also forced by the agency? I'm not finding an excuse, I'm just stating the fact. I honestly think that it's really possible for Kyungsoo to cancel his EXO schedule if he's indeed still filming in Goheung, with some negotiations, because SMent now seems to step up their health game so I guess they will let Kyungsoo to cancel the schedule because it's too tiring to do. 


4) You must be his alpacca, no? Sorry sweaty,,,,,,he is a dedicated person, he loves doing what he does, he loves singing, he loves being in EXO, if he doesn't then he can terminate the contract with EXO, he can, sweaty,,,,,,just like Sulli,,,,, Being an idol is so tough but he decided to stay. He got every chance to be an actor and he stays. He. Stays. He is not here to impress you, he is trying to improve himself here, how to be a better artist, impress with skill. He prefers people to appreciate his hardworks and skills rather than complementing his looks.


I deadass don't understand how people think low like this. Kyungsoo is really careful towards his actions and words, but now people make this issue as something to justify Kyungsoo as a bad person. 

Remember when Kyungsoo helped Jongin by holding him when some people hit Jongin with their camera? Remember when Kyungsoo always helps Jongin when he got injured? Remember when Kyungsoo always helps Jongin to go on and off the stage? Ah you don't remember because all you remember is Kyungsoo's flawlessness such as having crack voice and having little pimples adoring his cheeks. What A Flop!




Kyungsoo helped Jongin to bring the paper bags he brought at that time in the airport. Did his agency force him to do so? And also please take a look to the pictures below where Kyungsoo supported his members' job. He came to Jongdae's musical with SJ's Kyuhyun and he also came to Baekhyun's musical. 



Okay, I finish my longass essay here I wish I will get straight A and perfect GPA. (Bonus: Jongin smirking gif for those snakes.)

4 komentar:

  1. you're doing amazing sweetie. say it louder for those in the back :)))))

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. they're gonna catch these hands for real ;-(

      Hapus
  2. grabe sya maka pang husga kay d.o inaano ka ba nya kung hindi ka nya fan at ayaw mo sakanya manahimik ka na lng pwede kci d naman ikaw ung nasasaktan sa mga sinasabi nyo kundi si d.o ksi sya naman ung sinsabihan nyo ng masama dba kya tumigil na kyo sa pag sasabi ng masama sa kanya pag may nakita na kyo na nagsasabi ng masama sa kanya wag nyo nang dagdagan pa ksi si d.o lng naman ung kawawa hndi kyo

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. ksdhjbdjhw i dont understand tagalog but thank u for reading this post ;-)

      Hapus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...